When i was a bratty teenager, my Mom gave me a bookmark with this poem on it. I was NOT an easy child, to put it mildly, but I always knew my Mom was praying for me. I kept it in my Bible for years but somehow I lost it. I'm on the hunt for a new one, but it doesn't matter~I memorized it a long time ago!
"I said a prayer for you today
And know God must have heard.
I felt the answer in my heart
Although He spoke no word!
I didn't ask for wealth or fame (I knew you wouldn't mind).
I asked Him to send treasures
Of a far more lasting kind!
I asked that He'd be near you
At the start of each new day;
To grant you health and blessings
And friends to share your way!
I asked for happiness for you
In all things great and small.
But it was for His loving care
I prayed the most of all!"
never, ever underestimate the power of a praying mother~it's been known to change lives!
i love you mom.
LOVE this!!
ReplyDeletethis i'll print it and start saying it daily for my boys. have you read 'The Power of a Praying Parent'?? i just finished it for the second time. it's awesome!!
OK Honey....now you made me cry!
ReplyDeletewhen parenting gets a little discouraging...you don't have a clue what they'll remember or what's important to them so just be the best mom you can and leave the results to God!