Monday, March 28, 2011

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!

This just came in my mailbox.  When did parents stop being able to parent?!  She's 13 years old!!  I guess now's the time she's supposed to get an un-managed, do-whatever-she-wants-on-the-web-without-my-supervision account.  SO not happening.   This is outrageous!!

"Dear parent or guardian:

According to the birth date provided for your child's Microsoft online account, Mady is now 13 years old. You are therefore no longer able to manage permissions for the Mady account through Account Services, and your child may create a new account without your permission.

United States law requires websites and services to obtain parental permission to collect, use, or share personal information from children under 13. Because this child is now 13, you can no longer manage permission for this child for Microsoft online services."

Dear MSN:

WATCH ME!

Love, Lori

4 comments:

  1. You go, Mama! Yeah, it's entirely up to your online service provider to decide when your child is old enough to have unfettered access to the internet.......I might have stronger words than "Watch me", though! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Scary...I've never heard of that before. Oh wait...cause I use LINUX! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Write them and tell them!! Way to let the Mama Bear come out in you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, looks like I can finally comment on your blog! This letter is insane! Hope you and your sweet family are doing well!

    ReplyDelete