I STOLE THIS....BECAUSE I CAN! ;) AND BECAUSE SHE SAID EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO SAY. AND SHE'S WILLING TO STAY UP 'TIL 12:30AM AND POST, AND I'M NOT. SO...HERE'S
OH, AND SKIP THE PART ABOUT TURNING 40...I'VE SORTA ALREADY HAD THAT BIRTHDAY :)
6 days.
doing 'nothing' but hanging with the fam/and the other part of the fam.
NOT that it was too cold to do anything but nothing (did that make sense?).
cough. cough.
although, it's AMAZING to me how busy 12 kids can keep themselves.
oh, SO good is my life right now.
a few days back, we were all sitting around, out in our field (nope, NOT sitting on the new patio we put in. go figure.) chatting.
it was one of those moments that i wished i could 'bottle'. you know what i'm saying? wishing you could stop time. that was one of those moments.
all of my siblings (lori/ed ,tim/lisa and brady) were there.
we could see all of our kids (kayt, jake,olivia,ben,mady,bo, bailee,eli,zach,sam,max and jack) playing nicely with each other.
the sun was out.
we had no where to go.
no big plans, planned.
i was content and feeling EXTREMELY blessed.
once every 4 years is NOT ok.
NOT. AT. ALL.
with the craziness of life, time just got away from us. it's not that we don't see each other from time to time OR have the desire to but when one of you lives across the country, every year is just not possible.
thankfully, i have a sister that, like me, doesn't feel like we NEED to chat everyday(uummm, not like THAT happens!) to KNOW that we love each other & no matter how many miles, nothing will change that.
i know that.
that being said, it BITES that they live 3,500 miles away!
good news is, i have another 6 days with them.
tomorrow the weather is SUPPOSED to start getting better so i'm thinking we'll break out the slip-n-slide (blue tarp) or head to t&l's to swim.
tuesday evening we have our family pictures scheduled with the FAMOUS BECKY and then on wednesday, it's off to Caltus Lake water slides for um, water sliding.
thursday it's off to seattle to tour the city.
friday, the mariners game.
saturday morning, the fam heads back to new jersey. :(
oh, yeah and also, i turn 40 on saturday.
i'm ok with that. that just means i'm getting wiser, RIGHT??
surprisingly, the batteries in all three of our cameras are dead (shocking) so tomorrow i'll have to download the BOATLOAD of pictures already taken and share.
until then.....
Loved it when I read it on her blog, and I still do. If you want to know what I commented...you'll have to refer back to her blog.
ReplyDelete