Friday, January 21, 2011

international acceptance day

this is a post from kayt's blog...i want to ditto this...if i was one of 'those' bloggers, this would be my GUEST POST ;).    these 'kids' are some of the most adorable, loveable and misunderstood i've ever known.  thanks, kayt, for having a heart for these special people and for sharing them with our family!
"Thursday, January 13 is International Acceptance Day…this is a day to spread awareness and education about handicapped people.

 
I {kayt} would personally LOVE to work on this campaign..but since I can’t I’m spreading it on my own.



I have worked with handicapped kids since I was 14 years old and they are my life. Especially the one in the picture. She is my life..she is the reason I live. She brings a smile to my face just by hearing her name. I take her home for holidays and her birthday…we party and go shopping..and to me, she’s no different than any other friend I have.






You see, thats the problem with society today. It makes me so upset, when I take these guys out because all people do is stare. So please, do me a favor, when you see some handicapped kids out, at least smile. say hi! You could make their day! Just because someone looks different, doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t accept them. Seriously, on behalf of my them all, I’m here to say that if you could only spend 1 afternoon where I work, your entire viewpoint on this would be changed. These guys don’t know anything but to love you right away. They don’t judge, they don’t hate…but they can give you all the love in the world.






maybe the world could learn a lesson from them."

1 comment:

  1. i saw kayt's post & i love it that she has a loving heart & gives so much of herself to these special people God made. thank-you for your love & support of kayt as you both show the love of God to them in all you do.
    keep it up....we can all learn from your example!!

    ReplyDelete