Monday, October 22, 2012

Dear Mom...

Dear Mom,

I guess you probably think it's weird for me to write you a letter on my blog, but you know how snail mail can get lost ;)

I just want you to know that I finally get it.  I REALLY get it.  So many of the little things you do make sense now:

~The way you kind of sit off on the sidelines with a contemplative smile on your face and watch us when all 4 of us kids are together.

~The way you think we're all so funny.

~The way you brag about us when you don't know we're listening.

~The way you feel guilt for the things you've done but we don't remember.

~The way you randomly tell me (and I'm sure the other ones too) you love me.

~The way that you're greatest desire is that your children walk with the Lord.

~The way you're so proud of us.

~The way I know you absolutely would lay your life down for any of us.

~And the way you love us UNCONDITIONALLY...always have, always will.

I get this because I see my kids the same way.  I know they're not perfect~far from it~but...
Sometimes tears just come to my eyes when I watch them interacting with each other.
Sometimes I'm so proud of them and can't believe they're mine.
Sometimes I sit on the 'sidelines' and listen to them communicating and confiding.
Sometimes I laugh out loud because they really are very funny.
Sometimes I think my heart will burst because I love them SO much.
Sometimes I, too, feel guilty about my parenting past.
Sometimes I can't believe they make hard decisions I would be scared to make.
Sometimes I can't imagine how they're turning out in spite of me.
But mostly I am truly humbled because I'm just a girl flying by the seat of my parenting pants and the Lord has been so good to me.

You've always said how much you love having kids, especially as they get older, and now I get it...I really get it.

I love you!

1 comment: