First of all i just want to say that I was here first and they're making me look bad. Ed and I were the first to be married so there was no competition.
Then came Dot...whose garden would make Martha Stewart hyperventilate, and who can even make brussel sprouts 'fun'!! She cans, bakes, cooks...and goes to the gym~it's amazing I still like her! But then again I have to~she does my dishes.
Then Rob...his nachos are a.m.a.z.i.n.g!!! And he does stuff like this:
Seriously delish! Fresh from the garden-no sugar or additives. So that's how I can justify having it twice a day~fruit! He's up for trying pretty much any new food item...our kids love to go there just so they can eat Uncle Rob's food~somehow he can get them to eat things they wouldn't touch here! But I guess you do work up an appetite working next to him on his current project~whether it be building furniture, a fireplace, an ice-skating rink (seriously, this list goes on...AND ON!!)
And finally, Fleur, who doesn't have a garden....whew. but she does bake. from scratch. like actually grates carrots for carrot cake cupcakes FOR KIDS. She always has the right ingredients for just what you need her to make: bake or cook~and always shows up with something extra. And a warning: don't go there around dinnertime...one smell and your will-power takes a hike! Good thing Ed doesn't go there at that time-I'd be out of a job. Hmmm...
And, well, there you have it. The truth.
They're talented, and I'm (to quote my mother-in-law) 'a breath of fresh air'.
(interpretation: loud and crazy)
Really, I could start to learn how to be domesticated; but why would I when I have them? Ah, life is good...thanks to my amazing out-laws!
Ummmm, hello? You, my friend, are an incredibly creative woman with a gift for hospitality like none other. Your home is open to just about anyone who needs a place to stay, for holidays, for casual get togethers....
ReplyDeleteLove you!
i totally ditto what leanne says. i dream to someday BE YOU!!!
ReplyDeletelove you!